About REMCollect and REMCheck
Learn with Krissa (holding the mobile phone) as Sharla explains how to use the REMCollect app field data gathering tool to get an energy audit or rating completed quickly and accurately. Quick help videos featuring Krissa and Sharla will be posted periodically on this website and also on EnergySmart Institute where these videos are part of the online, on-demand training and certification programs. To visit EnergySmart Institute please go to: https://energysmartinstitute.com
Once the field data is gathered using REMCollect it is uploaded into REMCheck where, with just a click, it becomes a REM file that can be opened with either REM/Rate* or REM/Design* software. The REMCheck software also scans for common field data gathering mistakes, such as missing duct location or having more ceiling area than floor area, and points out these errors so that the energy professional can fix them immediately.
The best thing about the REMCollect app is that you can use it for 30 days for free! Just register and then input as many energy audits and/or ratings as you want. At the end of the 30 day trial period you can decide which files and data you wish to keep and what you can discard. There is a small fee for files you decide to keep. We look forward to having you try our app for free with no obligation to continue after the 30 day trial period is over.
*REMCollect builds REM files for both REM/Rate and REM/Design software by NORESCO. More information about REM software is available at: http://www.remrate.com/
Benefits of using REMCollect and REMCheck:
Using REMCollect helps avoid the following hassles that energy auditor and raters commonly experience, including:
- Keeping field notes with each photo
- It can be problematic to remember what notes taken in the field go with which photo. REMCollect automatically stores photos and related notes together during the field collection stage and when uploading into REMCheck.
- Keeping windows, doors, skylights and envelope penetrations sorted correctly by location with the appropriate wall or ceiling
- REMCollect prompts you to keep the envelope penetrations saved with the correct wall or ceiling.
- No need to re-input the field information notes, photographs and related data into either REM/Rate or REM/Design once you get back to the office
- Best of all, when REMCollect uploads into REMCheck you can instantly convert the field data into a REM file with the click of a button readable by REM/Rate or REM/Design.
- Blueprints, plans, surveys and other data can be pre-loaded into your mobile device or tablet using REMCollect
- Now you can review blueprints or plans using your mobile phone instead of dragging paper plans with you or digging to find emailed pdfs or images.
- REMCollect has the project address and can have the directions included to make finding a new property easier, especially when you only have lot or survey information
- Finding a home in a new subdivision or in a rural area can be difficult and GPS devices can give wrong information but specific directions to find a property are always helpful.
- REMCollect works on all devices, including iPads, iPhones, Androids, laptops and desktop
- You are not restricted to using only windows or iPads or ?
Using REMCheck offers additional benefits, including:
- REMCheck works with single and multi-family projects
- Save time by uploading plans and documents one time for single and multi-family projects. No more multiple uploads for same building with multiple apartments.
- REMCheck can monitor multiple projects with one login
- REMCheck feeds back to REMCollect and vice-versa. Save in-process work while you are in the field and come back to it later.
- Work on multiple projects in the field while sending collected data back to the office in real-time!
- REM files generated by REMCheck will work with REM/Rate and REM/Design
- Share files with builders, contractors, energy utility/code officials and others that use REM software
- REMCheck reviews REM files for errors and common mistakes
- Avoid the embarrassment of common mistakes and errors that can show up when your client(s) or rating provider review your work.
- Using REMCheck and REMCollect will provide consistency for your REM files
- Work with production builders or large multi-family projects with increased confidence that your REM files are clean and accurate
Best of all, use REMCollect and REMCheck for FREE for a 30 day trial period and load as many REM files as you want. At the end of the 30 day trial period you can stop using these products with no obligation. All you have to do is register and you will instantly have access. Here is the link to register: https://remcheck.com